Malta International Music Festival & Competition
The Mediterranean Cultural Foundation for Music, with the support of the Mediterranean Centre for Culture & Art, is excited to announce the Malta International Music Festival & Competition which is to be held from 27th April until 10th May, 2015.
The goal of this Festival & Competition is to provide the best learning experience for everyone by combining an intensive educational programme with an outstanding concert series presented by world-class musicians and participants of the Festival.
It is undoubtedly an important event in the Maltese cultural calendar for all those who are interested in music, culture or the art of the piano, saxophone, violin, cello, chamber ensembles, clarinet and voice. It is a cultural event created with the intent to improve the music education in Malta by offering high-level tuition and opportunities to perform in front of an audience.
The thirteen days of the Festival include:
- Over 15 concerts in leading venues in Malta & Gozo.
- Opening and Gala Concerts of the Festival & Competition in Manoel Theatre.
- Over 150 participants.
- 10 days of master-classes with world-class musicians.
- 7 disciplines: piano, violin, saxophone, voice, cello, chamber ensembles, clarinet.
- 4 days competition in piano, string and wind instruments for various age categories.
- Awards presentation & reception.
- Cooperation with the local media.
- Cooperation with foreign TV channels and press.
- Over 10,000 likes on Facebook.
Following its successful first and second editions, the Festival has expanded significantly both in terms of the professors constituting the Faculty of acclaimed musicians, as well as in terms of the number of students attending who come from various countries, making the spirit of the event truly international. New master-classes categories have been added to the previous piano, saxophone, cello, violin, and voice namely clarinet and chamber ensembles.
The Festival has also incorporated two more competitions, such as string and wind instruments as an addition to the international Piano competition. The string and wind instruments competitions are subdivided into two age categories and piano competition into three age categories. The total prize value of is of €16,750.
The Festival aims to create a platform for young musicians to exhibit their talents and learn from acclaimed professors, while being able to enjoy the stunning beauty of the Maltese Islands.