Malta International Choir Festival
The 5th edition of the Malta International Choir Festival The Ministry for Tourism together with the Malta Tourism Authority and Interkultur of Germany would like to announce the 5th edition of the Malta International Choir Festival that will be held between the 31st October and 3rd November.
This year Malta will be hosting a record number of around 40 choirs from all over Europe. The Ministry for Tourism has launched a website that will be promoting the choral scene in Malta. The website which can be viewed on www.maltachoirfest.com provides information on all the well established Maltese choirs together with any forthcoming events. It is also intended to be a point of reference for all music lovers as well as choirs from all over the world to establish direct contact with the local choirs.
The Ministry for Tourism also intends to encourage and offer all possible help for choirs to form an association with the aim of promoting their common interests and to seek out ways and means to improve performance opportunities. The Malta International Choir Festival which is held biennially is organised with the participation of Interkultur of Germany, an entity that is specialised on a professional level to organise large scale choir festivals all over the world.
Thursday October 31
- 18.45 hrs: Grand Parade in Republic Street with Participation of Choirs accompanied by a Maltese Festa Band to reach St John’s Co-Cathedral.
- 19.30 hrs : ‘Singing for Peace’ at St John’s Co-Cathedral
Friday November 1
- 12.30- 14.00 : Friendship Concert – Open Air Theatre – Grand Master’s Palace – Upper Barrakka Garden
- 19.00 – 22.00 hrs : Secular Music Competition at the Catholic Institute, Floriana
Saturday, November 2
- 10.00 – 13.30 hrs : Sacred Music Competition at St Publius Church, Floriana
- 19.00 hrs : Grand Concert at the Mediterranean Conference Centre Sunday
- 17.00 – 19.00 hrs hrs : Closing Concert and Awards Ceremony – Catholic Institute