Fans of the The Summer Kitchen – the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa’s picturesque seasonal eatery now have an additional reason to look forward to dining at Corinthia. “As a Hotel, we believe in encouraging our team to enter into competitions such as this one, as it gives them a chance to challenge themselves, be creative, and step outside their comfort zone,” Corinthia Palace Executive Chef Stefan Hogan said after his kitchen brigade secured eight awards at the recent Malta Kulinarja Cooking and Culinary Arts Championships.
Whatever the comfort zone was, the team made it clear that they are very comfortable outside their comfort zone. The team’s focus on fresh, seasonal produce has paid off.
Held at the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre in Ta Qali between 22 and 25 February and organised by the Malta Chefs Society, the event attracted chefs from across the island to compete across a vast range of categories. For Corinthia Palace team, the lucky categories were:
• Alvin Vassallo – Junior Pasta – Silver Medal & Best in Class
• Alessandro Romagnoli – Senior Local Pork – Silver Medal
• Ryan Camenzuli – Amuse Bouche – Bronze Medal
• Reuben Borg, Johan Saliba, Matthew Darmanin – Junior Team Event – Silver Medal (second place on points)
• Reuben Borg – Junior Underutilised Fish – Bronze Medal
• Matthew Darmanin – Junior Underutilised Fish – Bronze Medal
• Erdis Bashali – Local Cheese – Bronze Medal
• Reuben Borg, Matthew Darmanin – Silver Medal (third place on points)