The Mediterranean Conference Centre was recently the venue where the tenth anniversary of Ferramoda was celebrated with a wonderful night of fashion. Besides presenting an array of collections, the evening also provided the organisers with an opportunity to raise funds for underprivileged children in Malta. The evening was hosted by Joe Chetcuti and featured a mix of fashion shows and musical performances.
The musical performances were by Soprano Ruth Sammut Casingena, as well as the Italian singer, Numa. Her full name is Emanuela Palmer and she is the wife of Dire Straits guitarist, Phil Palmer. During this event, she launched her new single, entitled Amore Del Passato. The song’s video which was shown during her performance, was directed by Giuseppe Raccioppi (Troisi Award).
The FASHION Shows held on the night were organised by:
- Trussardi Jeans and Luisa Spagnoli.
- The Spanish designer Lucia De Sedu, who promotes African culture through her designs and her choice of textiles and patterns.
- FERRAGIU, a local design house owned by designer Dr Juliana Scerri Ferrante. Her designs feature the Made in Malta / Italy concept and promote the idea of fusing Italian and Maltese artisan concepts.
- Male suits by designer Apulian Peppino The Judice sold at AG Italia.
- Clothes and jewellery from Rodo.
The finale of the evening was by Italian Haute Couture designer Anton Giulio Grande. His clothes are made using luxurious materials, which include feathers, lace, embroidery and Swarovski crystals.