Cheryl Cole recently announced her secret marriage to her boyfriend of three months, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, shocking everyone by uploading a photo of her wedding ring onto her personal website, with very little fanfare. But can a marriage after such a short time of dating really last? Here’s a look at the celebrity couples who have had whirlwind romances before the Cheryl and Jean-Bernard:
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom: The reality TV star married basketball player Lamar Odom in 2009, after dating for just a month. However, after revelations of Odom’s cheating and drug use, Khloe Kardashian filed for divorce in 2013, citing irreconcilable differences. She was married for longer than big sister Kim though, whose marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries lasted only 72 days.
- Britney Spears & Jason Allen Alexander & Kevin Federline: Britney has a history of quickie weddings, the most notable one being her crazy weekend in Vegas in 2004 when she married her childhood friend, Jason Allen Alexander, only to have the marriage annulled 55 hours later. In the same year and after just three months of dating, she also got engaged to dancer and actor Kevin Federline. The couple have two children together. Spears filed for divorce in 2006.
- Katy Perry & Russell Brand: Everyone had hoped that Katy Perry would be the woman to tame lothario Russell Brand, when the pair announced their engagement after just three months of dating. They were married a year later, but got divorced in 2011 after just fourteen months, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: It’s not all doom and gloom though! After becoming a couple in March 2008 and after just one month of dating, Mariah Carey married actor Nick Cannon in April of that same year. At the time, Carey announced that they were ‘soul mates.’ In 2010, the couple had twins and in 2012 they renewed their wedding vows on top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- Kayley Cuoco & Ryan Sweeting: And to cheer you up, Kayley Cuoco, who plays the character of Penny on The Big Bang Theory, married tennis player Ryan Sweeting in 2013 after just three months of dating and reports show that the couple is still going strong. Yay!