It’s been announced that Kate Middleton will be visiting Malta in September to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Malta’s independence. But apart from being the wife of Prince William and the mother of the cutest baby ever, Prince George, how much do you really know about Kate?
Full Name: Catherine Elizabeth Middleton
Born In: Reading, England
Official Title: Her Royal Highness Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Occupation: Princess of the United Kingdom
Fun facts about Kate:
- It’s been rumoured that Kate first caught Prince William’s eye at a 2002 charity fashion show whilst modelling a see through dress whilst they were both studying at St Andrews University in Scotland. The dress was later auctioned in 2011 for £78,000.
- Kate is the first ‘commoner’ to marry a British prince close to the throne in over 350 years. Her mother was a flight attendant before she and Kate’s father became self-made millionaires by starting a party suppliers business called Party Pieces.
- Kate is distantly related to Prince William: they are 12th cousins once removed.
- Kate studied History of Art at university and graduated with a 2:1 in 2005.
- Kate has quickly become an established style icon, with most outfits quickly selling out after she has been photographed in them. Her 2011 wedding dress is now a favourite style among brides.
Kate will be in Malta on 20 & 21 September, with more details to be announced soon.