I´ve recently discovered Baobab powder and thought I´d share some of its health benefits. I take a small spoon every morning with my cereal but it´s also good to add in a smoothie, porridge or yoghurt.
Baobab powder comes from the pure raw fruit of the Baobab tree, also called Tree of Life, and grows mainly in Africa and Australia.
I would recommend this powder to anyone who, from time to time, suffers from lack of energy or vitamin deficiency of any kind, it’s great for anyone on the go as it contains a full burst of important vitamins and it actually adds a nice taste to whatever you mix it with.
Here are some of the great benefits:
- The high level of Vitamin C keeps you alert and energised.
- It’s great to mix in a bottle of water on warm summer days to hydrate.
- It boosts iron uptake, which promotes healthy bones.
- It contains a high level of potassium, which is essential for a healthy nervous system, especially if you drink coffee, alcohol or coke.
- It contains fibre, which helps your digestive system to function properly.
- It is low in sugar and fat.
- It contains twice as much calcium as milk. This is very beneficial for those who don’t drink milk or who just stick to soy milk since it helps to avoid calcium deficiency.
Organic Baobab powder is wheat, gluten and lactose free.