Ready to top up your tan this summer but not sure where to start? Check out our guide to finding the right beach for you!
1) Golden Bay: If you’re after a big sandy beach this summer, then Golden Bay is the place to be! Popular with tourists and locals alike, this beach has beautiful water, eating facilities and unspoiled views of the stunning Maltese countryside. A 20-30 minute walk takes you to the next gem Għajn Tuffieħa Bay, expect to be awed!
2) The Blue Lagoon: Situated on the island of Comino, this tiny beach is famous for its crystal clear blue waters and isolated location. It also has eating facilities so you can spend all day soaking up the beauty of the island. Ask locals for Crystal Bay, especially if you are a snorkeling enthusiast, it is a marvel!You can reach the island of Comino via ferry from Gozo and Malta.
3) Ghadira Bay: For a family-friendly beach this summer, head to Ghadira Bay in the village of Mellieha to the North of Malta. Boasting the largest white sandy beach on the island, the sea stays shallow until quite far out, making it ideal for children. Besides excellent sports facilities, the beach also has eating facilities and sun loungers / umbrellas available.
4) Paradise Bay: This bay in Cirkewwa is a lovely spot for sun bathing as it is well secluded and set in a natural cove. Despite this, there are various facilities and the beach is known for its parties which draw in the younger crowd at weekends.
5) Imgiebah Bay: Looking for total isolation from the crowd? Imgiebah Bay is situated on the outskirts of Mellieha and is located down a small rocky path. Because it is not easily accessible, it is usually avoided by tourists, giving you uninterrupted views of the beautiful natural surroundings and water.