We tackled wedding preparations from 6 months to a month before the big day in Countdown to Bride-O’Clock (Part 1) .
Here are some final essential tips for you to keep in mind to make sure you’ll look and feel your best on the day you say your I do’s.
2 weeks before
- Get your final haircut or trim. No experimenting here, just stick to the look you love.
- Eat right! Load up on fruits and veggies for energy, and avoid salt and fat.
- Drink lots of water to help keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Keep up the exercise.
- Confirm all your big-day beauty appointments.
- Remind your man to get his final trim if he hasn’t already done so.
1 week before
- Avoid over-indulging in salty snacks and alcohol.
- Get a bikini wax and a final eyebrow shaping, and take care of any facial or body hair you need removed.
- Get a massage to relax some more… you could do this as a couple and have some quality time together before your big day.
1 day before
- Drink lots of water.
- Pack an emergency beauty kit for your wedding day and give it to your maid-of-honour.
- Have a professional pedicure and manicure.
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
- Be sure to eat something. This is not a day to operate on an empty stomach.
- Get your hair and makeup done. Wear a robe or button-down shirt that can be easily removed so that you don’t mess your look in any way.
- Take a few moments to reflect on the meaning of the day before giving yourself one last once-over in the mirror.