The question of what to wear for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve might be one of the most troubling fashion-related problems of the year. Braving the cold and being stylish at the same time can be a bit of a chore. Fear no more! The following list will provide you with the hottest fashion trends this season which will make your choices easier. Or at least, narrow them down!
1. The Christmas jumper. If you’re looking for a casual and relaxed look, the Christmas jumper is the festive staple piece. It is extremely versatile, giving you the ability to wear it with a pair of skinny jeans and boots but also combining it with a skater skirt and pumps.
2. Velvet. Be it a dress, skirt, trousers or a classy top or blazer, velvet is bigger than ever this winter. This is perfect for an evening occasion on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve. When styling this look, get ready to stand out from the crowd.
3. Sequins are always highly popular during the festive season. If you’re choosing to style a sequin dress, I would suggest keeping the bulky accessories for another occasion. The main focus should be on the dress itself. If you’re wearing a patterned sequinned skirt, combine it with a plain top. Apart from the sequinned item, the rest of your outfit should be kept on a lower scale.
4. Slipper Heels. These beauties remind me of Cinderella’s missing shoe! Slipper heels can be so classy and bold at the same time. You can choose to wear them with tailored trousers or a bright skater dress.
5. The Snood. Wherever you go, don’t forget to wear this comfy knitted scarf. This chunky scarf looks great with every outfit and it comes in a variety of colours and styles so you will definitely find one to keep you cosy.
I hope this simple guide will help you make this festive season a fashionable one!