One of the most sought-after trends nowadays has got to be the hair bun, whether sleek or messy, high or low. If, like me, you have trouble shaping a perfect bun, then this is all you need to create it:
Hair doughnut (which you can easily buy from eBay)
Elastic hair-band (make sure you buy one that matches your hair colour for a more polished look)
Bobby pins (also ensure that they match your hair colour)
And here is how to achieve this:
1. Pull all your hair into a ponytail. Make sure that it is free of tangles so as to make it easier to style.
2. Pull your ponytail through the hole in your doughnut, making sure that it is at the base of the ponytail against your head.
3. Spread your ponytail evenly around the doughnut. Ensure that your hair completely hides the doughnut. If you don’t want extra hair around your bun, then pull the sock up to the end of the ponytail and tuck the ends in, folding your hair into the bun until it’s snug against your head; you may however need to pin up rebellious hairs.
4. Hold your bun in place and stretch an elastic hair band around the doughnut to secure your hair.
5. Tuck in any excess ends and secure with bobby pins.
6. Finish your look off with a spritz of hairspray.
And voilà, you are now ready!