Summer tends to bring with it some anxiety… it’s time to bare skin after being bundled up all winter long! So here are a few tips to prep your skin in order to get a healthy summer glow:
- Exfoliate to get rid of dry, dull skin.
- Moisturise regularly to hydrate skin.
- Apply a high factor sunscreen, not just for the beach but for any time you venture out in the sun. Make sure that your beach sunscreen is also water-resistant. And for all of you out there who have an oily complexion, look for “oil-free” sunscreens to avoid breakouts!
- Avoid getting sunburnt!! However, if you do get sunburnt, then try the following – soak a facecloth in a bowl of skimmed milk and ice and apply to affected area for 5-10 minutes. This should provide some relief.
- Use facial mists in order to help replenish your face’s natural minerals.
- Trade your normal foundation for a tinted moisturiser with SPF… this will provide adequate coverage but will not be heavy on your skin. You also reduce the risk of streaking due to sweating.
- If you suffer from redness due to excessive heat, then try the following – soak a facecloth in ice-water, then wring it out and hold it to your neck … this cools the blood that’s flowing to your face and in turn reduces redness.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave me a message and I will get back to you asap!