Heat and humidity are make-up’s worst enemies, especially during the hot summer months our islands bless us with. Consequently, many opt for the natural no make-up look to prevent the sweltering heat from melting their make-up away.
What about when it comes to special occasions such as weddings which seem to prevail at this time of the year? Fear not, because with the right products your make-up will look as fresh as if you have just applied it… all day!
- Start with the right base… ensure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliate at least two to three times a week to help your skin get rid of dead skin and thus help make-up stay on longer.
- A primer is a must during the summer. Not only will it keep oily skin at bay and prepare skin for make-up, it provides the perfect base for long lasting foundation. Spraying a make-up fixing spray at the end of make-up application will also help make it last longer!
- Try skipping foundation if you can, to give your skin a break but if you cannot do otherwise, apply it lightly with a wet sponge such as the Beauty Blender. It will give your face the right coverage without looking cakey… after all that’s what we are after in summer!
- If you’re lucky enough not to need foundation all you have to do is just apply a little bronzer and you’re good to go. Just remember to choose a matte formula for daytime.
- For your eyes, go for a waterproof mascara and some long lasting eyeshadows and pencils for drama without the drama – that is of it all coming streaming down your face!
- Lastly, the lips. Always apply a lip balm underneath your lipstick in summer to help keep them supple, and if you can, treat them to a lip scrub every other day or so, to make sure they look good under lipstick, and make it last longer!
And there you have it! All you need for immaculate make-up… all summer long!