As exciting that summer is finally upon us is – and getting all glammed up… showing off our beach bodies – we must not forget to care for our delicate hands and nails too. Our skin is very important to protect but our nails need some attention too. Don’t you think they deserve some TLC every now and again?
Here are 8 tips to keep in mind :
1) Nail hardener – if you think they really do the job keeping your nails strong, well they don’t really. Try keeping some oil handy, rich in Vitamin E and massage your nails with it. This will prevent them from breaking and keep them nice and strong. Remember that healthy nails are flexible nails!
2) Make sure you have a proper nail file, and avoid those slim orange emery boards. Remember to always file in one direction and in a slow movements to reduce the risk of breakage.
3) Avoid acetone based removers.
4) Use a base coat and pop on some exciting polish colours, this summer it’s all about pastels and bold brights! This will surely make your nails stand out in the sun! Then finish off with a top coat to give that extra hold to prevent chipping and cracking.
5) Using cuticle oil on a daily basis will also help keep the cuticle nice and moist, and prevent it from drying up and splitting.
6) Drink lots and lots of water to keep your skin and nails hydrated.
7) Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise! You just can’t get enough! Chlorine and salt can dry out your nails and cuticle. Carry a hand cream everywhere you go, many travel size mini’s are available which fit right into your handbag. Keep your hands smoothly soft, hydrated and happy.
8) Us ladies love being pampered don’t we? Treat yourself to regular manicures and pedicures at least once every 2 weeks – it always does the trick!