Make-up is an art and contrary to popular belief, there are no concrete rules in make-up artistry. Experimentation is key and if that means going slightly outside your comfort zone, then don’t be scared… try it out and you might be surprised! So challenge your limits and follow these steps to create an easy rainbow inspired look.
- Prime your face and eyes. Priming the eyes is an extremely important step in this look as it will ensure that the colours you put on will pop. If you don’t have a primer at hand, then apply a thin layer of concealer on the lids.
- Apply foundation to the entire face as well as concealer to hide any under eye circles and blemishes.
- Set your face products with a translucent setting powder.
- Apply a bright yellow shadow starting from your tear duct up to one quarter of the eyelid. Pat on the colour instead of sweeping it on as this will ensure that the colours applied will stand out more.
- Apply a reddish or pinkish eyeshadow to the rest of the eyelid. Make sure that you blend the two colours together in the centre of the eyelid in order to create a gradient of colour.
- Sweep a jade or green eyeshadow below the lower lash line, three quarters of the way.
- Sweep a lime eyeshadow below the rest of the lower lash line.
- Apply a thin layer of black eyeshadow on both your upper lash line and on your waterline.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Apply false lashes for added impact.
- Lightly apply a pinkish blush on the cheeks.
- For your lips, you can basically apply any colour you fancy, however, I will portray two options for you – you can either team up the look with a nude, glossy lip or else if you’re feeling adventurous you can put on some bubblegum pink lipstick.
Dare to be different!