Ageing does not mean letting yourself go; on the contrary, it means that you need to pay more attention to grooming! So, to help you further, here are a few make-up tips for mature women:
- Ensure that your skin is in tip-top condition. Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, moisturise and make sure to use products that contain antioxidants.
- Prime your skin! This will ensure that make-up glides on and stays on.
- Lips tend to grow thinner as we age, so in order to plump them up, add a drop of lipgloss to your lower lip only; this will give the illusion of fuller lips. Also, stay away from dark lipstick colours as this tends to age you more.
- Use soft eye pencils instead of liquid liners as the former will give a softer effect as opposed to the harsh result of the latter.
- Make your eyes pop by using complimentary eye shadow colours. This will detract attention from any fine lines or wrinkles. For best results use matte eyeshadows and avoid shimmery tones! Also, curl your lashes to further draw attention to your eyes.
- Use highlighters and illuminators to lift your face – this will instantly make you look younger!
- Apply a pop of colour to your cheeks and this will brighten up even the dullest complexion around!
- The best way to cover up under-eye circles is to use a rich under-eye cream at night and a lighter one during the day. Moreover, use a concealer in either pink or peach tones to cover up any remaining shadows.
- Use cream formulas instead of powder finishes as mature skin tends to be quite dry.
- Make sure your brows are perfectly groomed and not over-plucked!
And most importantly, BLEND your make-up well and NEVER OVER-DO IT … remember, a little can go a long way!
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave a message and I will get back to you asap!