I’ve been in relationships pretty much all the time since I was 17, I really don’t know how to be single.
No, it’s not a matter of ‘I can’t function on my own‘, it’s simply because there are a lot of nice guys out there ;)
Hopefully I gained a plus point from the male side now, because I might need it after my list of ‘things that happen in relationships after a certain amount of time together‘. It’s a disturbing phase where men thinks that less effort is needed to keep the lady happy!
Sure, after years together we all become a little too comfy and relaxed around each other and that’s fine, sometimes even cute, but here are some things I’ve experienced or heard of which are not fine:
- “Morning hun, faaaart, I’ll go and fix the coffee ok” – I’m still in bed, eyes half open. Wtf? Did you just fart on me?
- Walk around the house naked. No comment.
- When men cut their nails, they clean up by putting the nail clipper back in its place. The nail clippings are still all over the bathroom. ‘I promise I didn’t see them’. Right.
- Wearing sloppy clothes when you wish they would have made an effort, even when it’s just the two of you.
- Doing No.2 with the bathroom door wide open. Ughh.
I’m sure a lot of men feel the same way about their girlfriends or wives, it’s never just a one-way street, so if you want your relationship to remain glowing – regardless if you’ve been a couple for 5 months or 30 years – make an effort towards each other, it’s a beautiful sign of respect!
A simple question to test most situations is this: Would I have done this less attractive thing in the very beginning? If no, don’t do it. And guys; you don’t have a list of annoying habits from us girls do you?!
P.S. :) – I’m sorry for wearing that blue non-flattering fleece robe for an entire winter. Won’t happen again :)