A smokey-eye is the fastest way to transform your look into a glamorous one, and here are some easy steps to follow to do just that!
- Apply an eye shadow base or primer all over the eyelid. This will make your colour stand out and will prevent creasing.
- Apply a light, matte colour to three quarters of your eyelid, starting from the inner corners of the eye.
- Apply a darker colour to your crease and blend along your socket bone in wind-shield wiper motion. It is important to blend any harsh lines so as to give a softer effect to the look.
- Smudge some of the darker colour below your lower lash line.
- Apply a thin layer of gel liner to your upper lid and line your waterline with an eye-liner pencil.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. You can also add false lashes if you want.
- Apply your face make-up and choose your lip colour … apply a nude colour to balance out the darkness of the eyes or a red colour to create an even more dramatic look.
And remember, although the common idea is that smokey-eyes are created from silver-black colours, you can use any colour you want to create this effect. The trick is to alternate a light and dark colour and to blend any harsh lines. Enjoy creating!