February the 14th is fast approaching. Whether you’re all loved up and looking forward to a romantic dinner or whether you’re single looking forward to a great night out with friends, or maybe you’re embarking on that exciting first date, this make-up look is easy to do and is guaranteed to put you in a lovey-dovey mood.
- A flawless canvas is essential for this look so first prime your face and eyes.
- Apply foundation making sure to blend so as not to leave any foundation lines showing.
- Apply concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes as required.
- Set everything with a translucent setting powder. Apply such powder with a fluffy powder brush so as to create a softer finish.
- Re-define your brows with an eyebrow pencil.
- Apply a light shimmery pink eye-shadow from your tear duct to approximately one quarter of the eyelid. This will make your eyes appear wider, thus giving you the doe-eyed effect.
- Apply a pinkish eye-shadow on the rest of your eyelid, slightly extending outwards and over the socket crease.
- This part is optional. Take a matte brown shadow and apply it in the crease of your eye, blending as you go along. You can also sweep some of the brown shadow under your lower lashes. All this will provide more depth to your look.
- Apply a black eye-liner to your waterline, curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Contour your cheekbones using a matte brown bronzer and highlight above your cheekbones as well as the bridge of your nose and your cupid’s bow.
- Apply a soft pink blusher on the apples of your cheeks. Blend well so as to ensure that one does not see where the blusher ends and the bronzer begins.
- Line your lips with a pink lip-liner, fill them in with a pink lipstick and add a little gloss in the middle of the lower lip. This will give the illusion of fuller lips.
Now you’re all ready to spread the love!