INTERNATIONAL BALLET GALA
World Famous Ballet Stars at the Mediterranean Conference Centre!
Malta is to welcome some of the world’s most famous ballet stars who currently represent the leading Russian theatres. These include:
Prima ballerina Anna Antonicheva and leading soloist Andrey Merkuriev.
(The Bolshoi Theatre-Moscow).
Leading soloists Elizaveta Cheprasova and Sergey Manuilov.
(Stanislavsky Music Theatre of Opera and Ballet – Moscow)
Leading soloist Elena Evseeva and principal dancer Evgeny Ivanchenko.
(Mariinsky Theatre – St. Petersburg).
Prima ballerina Irina Perren and principal dancer Marat Shemiunov.
Leading soloists Sabina Yapparova and Andrey Kasjanenko.
(both pairs – Mikhailovsky Theatre – St. Petersburg).
Although ballet did not originate in Russia, the country contributed much to its development and today, Russian ballet is renowned the world over. For many decades, Russian ballet has been regarded as the barometer of classical dance: where it leads, others follow. While young girls all over the world long to become ballerinas, their dreams have been influenced by great Russian ballet dancers and wonderful Russian ballets that have enchanted audiences all over the world.
The most famous classical pieces from the world of ballet, as well as contemporary ballet will be performed for the Maltese public and guests who are visiting Malta at the time.
The programme will include:
- Pas d’esclave from the ballet Le Corsaire, choreography by M. Petipa, music by A. Adam.
- Pas de deux from the ballet Sleeping Beauty, choreography by M. Petipa, music by P. Tchaikovsky.
- Fragment from the ballet Anyuta, choreography by V. Vasiliev, music by V. Gavrilin.
- Fragment from the ballet Forms of Silence and Emptiness, choreography by Nacho Duato, music by I.S. Bach.
- Pas de deux Diane and Acteon from the ballet Esmeralda, choreography by А. Vaganova, music by C. Pugni.
- Adagio from the ballet Spartacus, choreography by G. Kovtun, music by A. Khachaturyan.
- Pas de deux from the ballet Don Quixote, choreography by M. Petipa, music by L. Minkus.
- Pas de deux from the ballet Le Corsaire, choreography by M. Petipa, music by A. Adam.
- Pas de deux from the ballet Giselle, choreography by M. Petipa, music by A. Adam.
- Pas de deux from the ballet Esmeralda, choreography by M. Petipa / Nikolay Berezov, music by C. Pugni
- Contemporary dance Je suis malade, choreography by D. Pimonov, music by A. Dona & S. Lama.
For more information kindly visit: facebook.com/event
In collaboration with the Livingdance company (www.livingdancemalta.com), we present the Tarantella Dance (music by Leonid Levashkevich, choreography by Vera Arbuzova) for the Maltese public. This contemporary ballet piece has been rehearsed under the supervision of Vera Arbuzova and will be performed during the evening by Maltese students from local ballet schools.
The International Ballet Gala is a family event which will enchant its audience with its passion, emotions, grace and beauty. Why not bring your closest friends and family to the MCC for this special event?